Sunday, November 13, 2011

[Beauty] Keep up with the Tokyo fabulous girls - start with nails!

As I mentioned in "About Us" section in Pink Blush Tokyo website - http://www.pinkblushtokyo.com/ - it is still so refreshing to see how beauty-oriented this city is! Tokyo is definitely unique. In this fabulous city, women as well as men are always striving to present the best of themselves.

The good example is "nails".

I was working for financial institution in Canada for many years before I moved to Tokyo. At that time, I could easily spot girls/women who were fashionable, trendy, and well-maintained in our building, because there aren't many... Well, I'm not trying to say that most canadians are far behind Fashion at all! Even myself, after 6 months starting a new job,  life become more of routine and boring. (Well, first 6 months, I think I was also one of those fancy dressed-up girls at work) ..
Unless I have some plan after work, I would just wear whatever that is clean and appropriate... Come on, I'm talking about work-fashion. Bussiness Casual, Simple and basic, black and gray... and sometimes white :P

Also, I remember there wasn't many women/girls who had fancy nails on my floor. I was one of the few girls who would go out and spend money on hot pink french nails, etc.

After I moved to Tokyo, I also worked at financial institution until recently. When I just started working, it was culture shock to me how FABULOUS my female coworkers' nails were like... (Oh, needless to say, they ALL were dressed up very nicely and smartly..!)


In fact, I rarely saw a woman who doesn't have nice nails .. You know what? I didn't even see a women with just basic colour nails either... 
Yes, I'm talking about nail arts!! - Everyone had AMAZING nail arts - flower pattern, glitter gradation, bows, crystals, polca-dots french, fabulous patterns, etc.   People create arts on their nails here, using UV-gel technique. 
Whether I go grocery in front of my house, shopping in major streets, or go work, most of japanese women had beautiful nails.

In fact,  when I see a woman who wears basic shirt with basic skirt/pants, but with well-maintained nails, I get an impression like "that woman is very stylish and fashionable person, and today must be her tone-down day"

But when i see a woman who's dressed up very fancy, but with no nail-care, it just looks like something is missing... The entire looks seem to be incomplete.

So I started taking care of my nails well since I moved to Tokyo. (Maintainance costs goes up sky-high here, *Sigh.... )

But sometimes... I'm too lazy and cheap. 
Because I still need to "fit-in" this society and fashion culture, I had to find some alternatives... Well, thanks to fake nails :P
Whenever I feel like to have some blings on my nails but don't want to get Gel nails done from salon, I use - "La-Magie Luxury Nails", which is pre-made gel nails arts :


I picked one of the most fancy design because it feels like holiday seasons ♥...

What I like the most about this brand is
- Easy-on Easy-off!  Just paste glue wait 30 mins ... I usually paste the glue first, then get ready, put on make-up, etc. Once 30 mins passed, just stick the nails on my actual nails!  
- these fake nails are very thin! so it doesn't bother me when they are glued-on my actual nails.


(Click pictures to check enlarged photos)


I intentionally cut my right-hand index finger nail shorter so that it would be easy to take off contact-lenses at night..


Hope you all have great day!