Monday, November 21, 2011

[Beauty] Bigger eyes.. Double eyelines.. eyetalk!

I sometimes get questions like ... "Why do Asian want to have bigger eyes?"
Hmmm.. well, I thought it's unfair to think that way.

For example,  "smokey-eyes" make-up style has been so popular in the past & still popular these days, regardless to the race/ethinicity of women. Smokey eyes make the eyes look bigger and sexier, but I wouldn't necessarily say "... hmmm.. why women wants to have bigger and sexier eyes?"

In the end, the definition of Beauty is all different among us. Some people believe big eyes is beautiful, some people believe small eyes like Lucy Liu is beautiful (I think she is gorgeous!), some people believe big nose (or small nose) is beautiful, some people believe tiny feet is beautiful, some people believe skiny neckline is beautiful, ... so on.



Anyhow... I know "double eyeline" plastic surgery has been quite popular in Asia. By creating extra lines on eyelids, the eyes look bigger & softer looks.


By the way, I'm not against plastic surgery, but I'm one of those people who're scared to see bloods! .. and I'm sure lots of people are like me!
Also.. I like my eyes :P so if I get plastic surgery, it would be somewhere else...?? ;)


Ok, I kept getting away from the main topic, which is about "eyetalk".


While I was talking to my friends in Tokyo, I found out that there are lots of cosmetic products in Japan that creates natural eye lines above eyelids, resulting bigger eyes looks. After extensive research, I learned one of the most popular brand among Japanese girls is "KOJI eyetalk".


This is a cream type eye glue that 1) you apply on the eyelids, 2) wait for a few seconds until the glue becomes transparent, 3) makes the shape of eye lines.


I was so curious to find out how it's like!




 You can purchase KOJI eyetalk (above) at http://www.pinkblushtokyo.com/KOJI-eyetalk-eye-liner-glue-double-eyelines_p_54.html



0 - After Base makeup + foundataion + powder:



1- Apply small amount of eyetalk on eyelids. Make sure you leave some space between eyeline (where eyelashes are) and eyelids:



2 - Wait for a few seconds until the glue become transparent. Once it becomes transparent, make the shape of eyelids/eyelines using the Y-shaped tool (comes with the box)



Ummm.. I know it looks terrible, but it's not painful at all. It's just plastic tool used to make the shape.


Once done, you see my eyes have some natural eyelines above eyes?



Half-closed looks... LOL





I think this is useful tool if you want to have bigger & softer eyes look, or if you have non-symmetrical eyes (like me) and if you want to correct.


Based on my research & own experiences, KOJI eyetalk is the best quality eye glue product in Tokyo markets (and this is why it's actually one of top popular eye glue here!) because :
1) Doesn't irritate eyes and eyelids throughout the day
2) Firmly holds the shape throughout the day
3) Easy to remove! Dampen Q-tips with warm water, and gently brush the glue using Q-tips. It will be easily removed :)


I have sensitive skin and I wear contact lenses, but I didn't find any irritations at all. Though, it feels weird the first couple of times I tried. Haha, I guess it unnaturally creates natural looks.


Enjoy!